Felicia M. Sullivan
Versatile, solutions-oriented Director-Level Professional within the Non-Profit Sector, bringing over 25 years’ experience developing innovative programming, directing research, integrating technologies, and managing financials. Committed to building relationships with a shared sense of purpose to effortlessly translate ideas into action.
- Program Creation: Extensive research background in various tools, technologies, and methodologies from education, arts & culture, public policy and communication leveraged to develop innovative approaches that secure community engagement.
- Relationship Development: Dynamic interpersonal talents marked by success forging lasting partnerships with diverse communities. Skilled collaborator passionate about advancing shared missions to generate positive change.
- Project Management: Seasoned leader with success inspiring and organizing teams to achieve organizational objectives. Responsible financial oversight managing budgets and securing funding.
- Key Strengths: Sharp analytical skills combined with passionate enthusiasm to evaluate program effectiveness and drive effective change.
Doctor of Philosophy in Public Policy
University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
Master of Science in Public Policy
University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
Master of Arts in Media Studies
New School for Social Research, New York, NY
Jobs for the Future, Boston, MA
Associate Research Director (2018 – Present)
Leading research practice partnership with K-12 leaders in statewide system testing diffusion, scaling and effectiveness of student-centered learning practices for deeper learning outcomes. Co-constucting with interdisciplinary research personnel new avenues for knowledge creation to serve the economic vitality of disconnected and marginalized youth and adults in the U.S.. Employing diverse research methods and designs across interdisciplinary boundaries.
Tufts University, Medford, MA
Senior Researcher and Affiliated Faculty (2012 – 2018)
Served on interdisciplinary research teams with the Center for information Research on Civic Learning and Engagement and the Urban and Environmental Planning Department. Developed new knowledge and conducted program evaluations related to youth political and civic engagement. Employed diverse research methods and designs across interdisciplinary boundaries.
- Spearheaded the innovation of tools and technologies to improve team collaboration and community cohesion.
- Offered technical assistance and strategic advice to educators, policy makers, and non-profit colleagues.
- Secured over $200K in funding through grants and consultant contracts.
One Lowell, Lowell, MA
Manager of Operations and Programs (2009 – 2011)
Oversaw operations and program reporting for local immigrant advocacy organization. Maintained financial and reporting compliance for all government contracts. Collected and evaluated data for school-based program serving “at-risk” youth. Developed print and digital communications platforms.
- Managed $400K+ operating budget.
- Collaborated with executive leadership for strategic planning.
Organizers’ Collaborative, Boston, MA
Executive Director (2006 – 2008)
Directed grassroots non-profit dedicated to sustaining and supporting the training and technology needs of other grassroots non-profits. Managed programming, led volunteers and consultants, and served with the board of directors to ensure responsible fulfillment of the project’s mission
- Directed execution of annual conference for ~200 participants generating $16K+ in revenues and sponsorships.
- Secured and stewarded new organizational partnerships.
Lowell Telecommunications Corporation, Lowell, MA
Director of Community Programming (2003 – 2006)
Led departmental activities in dynamic community media arts center serving 400+ members and 45 community-based organizations. Managed educational offerings, outreach, IT support and partner relations. Generated 15% of total organizational revenue.
Additional experience includes Program Manager for New Media at University of Massachusetts and Education Director for the Boston Film-Video Foundation.